Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Addition to the Family!

Yesterday we welcomed a new addition into our family! Kalyn has asked about getting a cat for at least the past 2 years and we promised after our trips this summer we would get a cat. Yesterday I dropped her off at her art class and took Noah to the animal control center by the airport to see what they had. I figured we had to wait a day or so for them to do shots/spay and all of that. We found a cute calico that was very playful and was great in the visiting room with Noah and I. We were surprised they said she was already spayed and ready to go NOW! Needless to say, we had NOTHING at home for a cat yet so I took "Rainey" (a name Kalyn had picked out at least a year ago) to the petshop with Noah to get food, liter box, bed, etc while Daddy got Kalyn from her art class when it was done. Then when she got home she saw her surprise and she was very very surprised!! This is her about a minute after she saw the cat! She immediately said "There's Rainey!" when she saw the kitten!



We actually played with her about 30 min before supper and then managed to talk the kids into letting "Rainey" adjust to the house alone while we swam a little. (how we did that I have NO clue) but they were fine going to the pool while Rainey got the know the house :)


Kalyn has played with her all morning so far and Noah is more gentle today with her so that is good! She is only about 10 weeks old they think so really tiny :)


Rainey wants what Noah has..... yummy soy milk, ha ha!


3 comments:

Joy said...

She is so cute! You can see the excitement in Kalyns eyes! How precious that she knew that was Rainey! I'm surprised too that you were able to get them out of the house to swim. Rainey seems to love her new home :-)

Betsy McK said...

The kids look thrilled with Rainey! What a great addition to the family.
We went into a pet store tonight and Bennett picked out a Husky and Brayden picked out a little white Maltese. They want a dog really bad. I'm still not ready to take on anymore right now though.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet surprise for Kalyn, how wonderful! So glad to hear that Rainey has a nice new home to call her own, too.

I wish we could have a dog, hubby is allergic. :-(