Sunday, October 12, 2008

Renaissance Festival

We enjoyed the Renaissance Festival yesterday which is the first time the kids have ever been. It was so much fun! A man had carved mushrooms from wood which were little stools that were really cute.

They had many rides this time for the kids so of course they spent a lot of time doing them.

Here are some acrobats that jumped over Kalyns head!


The kids got to make wishing sticks with beads....



I believe their favorite thing at the festival was this trampoline which they each did two times and Kalyn sure went high, she is NOT afraid of heights at all. Noah was a little more cautious about going too high up!





I think Noah was trying to do a flip here :)



We got to see a little bit of some shows, this one held the attention of the kids pretty well with all the juggling and fire.


They had added a small petting zoo to the festival too which the kids really enjoyed.




We were SO proud and amazed at what Kalyn did. She is only 3 ft 8 inches as you can see and climbed all the way to the top of this tower and wasnt scared at all! Some adults were on the other side and had trouble making it up! Way to go Kalyn!

3 comments:

Betsy McK said...

Wow looks like a fun day at the festival. We never went during our time in NC. I can't believe the acrobats jumping over Kalyn and the super high trampoline looks way fun! You all sure have been busy lately having lots of fun!!!!

Joy said...

I have never been either! Go Kalyn, what a wonderful climber and jumper and Noah too! I just told Danny that we need to go to the festival! It sure looks like fun!

Huntley said...

Hey Betsy, is there one out near you? I think there is one in about every state, it sure is Fun. You should take the girls Joy, they would love it! I think it ends the first of November...